Wednesday 13 August 2014

Orly - Purple Crush

Hey guys!  Today's polish is Orly Purple Crush.  I picked this up at a BOGO Orly offer from Sally Beauty a little while back.  I bought the Orly Nail Rescue kit and figured I'd take advantage of the BOGO and get a new polish.

Swatch and Review Orly Purple Crush Jelly Crelly Creme HK Girl
Orly - Purple Crush


This is two coats of Purple Crush with one coat of HK Girl topcoat.  The formula on this one is pretty good.  It self-levels nicely and didn't require any fussing to get even.  In some lights you could see a little bit of visible nail line, but for the most part it's completely opaque.  I took photos the next day so there is a wee bit of tip wear and a few dents.

Swatch and Review Orly Purple Crush Jelly Crelly Creme HK Girl
Orly - Purple Crush 
Orly notes Purple Crush is a "bright purple creme".  It's short and to the point, but it seems more than just a creme.  It's very squishy looking in person, and looks more like a jelly than a creme.  It dried semi-glossy, so I recommend a shiny topcoat like HK Girl.  I also think it leans pinky/purple, but either way I really like it.

I don't own a lot of Orly, but Sally's sometimes has some great deals so I may need to keep my eye out for more.  Do you have any favourite Orly polishes?  Let me know in the comments below and thanks for reading!