Thursday 16 October 2014

KBShimmer - Leaf of Faith

Hey guys!  Today's polish is from a new to me brand KBShimmer.  They're definitely not new in the Indie polish world, but this is my first time trying anything from them.  I am part of a small group of "lacquerheads" and they are some of the awesomest ladies in the world and I received a decant of Leaf of Faith from Maja, who wanted to share her love of KBShimmer with me so I could try it out.  The description in italics below is from KBShimmer's store.

I love cremes, holos and shimmers and while I love the look of glitters, I'm not necessarily fond of the application of them and Maja kindly sent the decant so I can try out one of the KBShimmer jelly glitters that they are famous for.

Swatch and Review KBShimmer Leaf of Faith Seche Vite Glitter Jelly
KBShimmer - Leaf of Faith
"A deep Cabernet red jelly is the backdrop for glitters in red, orange and gold.  The glitters in this polish add depth and interest with subtle changes in color as the jelly picks up the colors of the glitter. A scattering of holographic glitters gives this polish sparkle and shine."

This is three coats of Leaf of Faith with one coat of Seche Vite.  The first two coats were very thin and I did a thicker third coat with more glitter.  I've only applied jelly glitters a few times, so I'm not very practiced at it, so it took a bit more patience and babying to get the glitter coverage I wanted.  I have to say that it was actually good and easy to work with and while there are a couple patchy spots, this is definitely user error.  The glitters do lie nicely flat and one coat of Seche Vite was enough to make it mostly smooth.

Swatch and Review KBShimmer Leaf of Faith Seche Vite Glitter Jelly
KBShimmer - Leaf of Faith
The depth and sparkle of this polish is incredible.  It was well worth the extra attention I paid and I definitely think I'll have to pick up a full size of it.  It is is super squishy looking, but still offers full coverage in three coats.  When I put on the first two coats it was looking a lot more on the pink side, but the third coat gave it that perfect dark red hue and really pulled it all together. 

So good news and bad news folks, I now have a new brand that I am interested in.  I'm thinking I may need another helmer and my wallet is not going to be happy.  Are you a KBShimmer fan?  Did you pick up any of the colours from the fall collection?

KBShimmer's store is US only, but for Canadian and International polish fans it's available at Harlow & Co.  To keep up with KBShimmer news and restock information subscribe to their newsletter.

KBShimmer: Store, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
Harlow & Co: Store, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram