Sunday 16 March 2014

Sunday Stamping - St. Patrick's Day

Hey guys!  Today's post is one I am considering making a series.  There is a wonderful Facebook group called Adventures In Stamping that has a Sunday challenge every week.  This challenge is a different theme every week and this week is St. Patrick's Day.

I absolutely love nail art, but my creativity and talent is very limited.  The thing I love about the ladies in the group is that everyone is at different skill levels, but everyone is kind.  Though I've been stamping for a while now, I'd definitely classify myself in the novice category, but I'm okay with that.

I had visions of this spectacular mani with rainbows and a pot of gold and four leaf clovers as well as some stamping, but I neither had the patience or the skill to pull it off.  I literally spent forever trying to freehand a passable four leaf clover and failed.
 
Today's mani will be two-fold.  I want to show off one of the gorgeous new colours I got from Llarowe that I mentioned in my Heavenly Nail Mail post, as well as do a little bit of stamping (and I do mean a little bit).  In today's mani I used polishes from two of my favourite brands, Colors by Llarowe (CbL) and A England.  All nails were topcoated with HK Girl Topcoat.

The base for all my fingers except my ring finger accent nail is CbL Young Grasshoppa.  My accent nail is CbL Coconut, a white jelly polish that is quickly becoming one of my favourites for nail art.  The accent nail is a base of Orly Ridgefiller (I have ridges on top of my ridges!), one coat Coconut, one coat Seche Vite and then stamped with A England St. George. St. George is a gorgeous scattered holo and has perfect pigmentation.  It's a one-coater and stamps like a dream.  I used MoYou London Princess Collection plate 14 for the stamp.

 Swatch and Review Colors by Llarowe CBL St. Patricks Day Young Grasshoppa Coconut A England St. George MoYou London Sunday Stamping HK Girl
Sunday Stamping - St. Patrick's Day
Young Grasshoppa was an easy two coats to acheive full opacity.  The first coat was smooth and even, but the second coat gave the finish more depth and pop.  The linear holo is very defined, even in indoor lighting.  This polish was recently reformulated and re-released.  It's previous incarnation was a sheer jelly holo polish, but I am very happy with the reformulation. 

 Swatch and Review Colors by Llarowe CBL St. Patricks Day Young Grasshoppa Coconut A England St. George MoYou London Sunday Stamping HK Girl
Sunday Stamping - St. Patrick's Day
I would like to note that Young Grasshoppa is very close to another CbL polish called Seahawks Lime which was a special release that has been discontinued. Young Grasshoppa is just a hair darker than Seahawks Lime and has a slightly stronger holo effect.  If you would like me to do a comparison of them, please let me know in the comments. 

Thanks again for checking out my blog!  Wishing all of you that celebrate a very happy St. Patrick's Day tomorrow!

You can purchase Colors by Llarowe at their website HERE.  Currently many of their polishes are out of stock, however you can subscribe to their emails for restock updates.

~Nothing to disclose, polishes were purchased by me~

Check out the great St. Patrick's Day manis from other bloggers below.


2 comments:

  1. Nice mani! Love that stamp image, you did a good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was missing a little bit here and there, but I think that was how I scraped the image. I need to get a bigger variety of plates.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment! I will try to read and respond to any comments or questions you may have.