Sunday 30 March 2014

Sunday Stamping - Stamping and Glitter Gradient

Hey guys!  Today's Sunday Stamping prompt was to combine stamping and another technique.  I decided to mess around and just do something simple and combine a glitter gradient and stamping.  What do you think of this combo?
Swatch Review OPI Push and Shove Which is Which Kleancolor Metallic Fuschia Stamping Pueen
Sunday Stamping - Stamping and Glitter Gradient

My base is OPI's Push and Shove.  I used one coat of Lay Down that Base and two coats of Push and Shove.  The glitter is actually one of my favourites, OPI Which is Witch from the 2013 Wizard of Oz collection.  It's a mix of hex and tiny holographic bar glitters and I think it looks subtle, yet stunning over the chrome Push and Shove.  The little rainbows catch the light at random moments and in my photos they went crazy holo.  My stamping polish is Kleancolor Metallic Fuschia and the image is from Pueen 25.
Swatch Review OPI Push and Shove Lay Down that Base
OPI Push and Shove


I had no formula issues with Push and Shove.  The first coat dried quickly and didn't streak and the second coat finished everything off nicely.  Push and Shove definitely shows off every imperfection, but I think it's still a fun polish.  I could actually see myself in the reflection in the polish.  It would certainly look better with smoother nails, but I'm glad I picked this up and I'll have to try it over a gel base sometime to get that smoother mirror finish.

Swatch Review OPI Push and Shove Lay Down that Base
OPI Push and Shove

So what do you think of Push and Shove?  According to the packaging it's only supposed to last one night.  Would you buy a polish that only lasts a few hours?  I like my manis to last a day or two at least, but even if I can get a day or two of wear at home, as soon as I go out my polish chips which drives me crazy.  I will edit this post later and let you know how it holds up!

Update 3/31/2014:  My mani lasted through the night with no chips or tipwear and I had washed my hands a couple times as well as did dishes and only had minor tipwear.  So it's holding up better than I expected.

Sally Beauty is marking these down and I purchased mine for $5.75.  Nail Polish Canada sells this as well for $9.95 if you don't have a Sally Beauty near you and shipping is currently free as of this blog post.