Tuesday 22 April 2014

China Glaze - Spring In My Step

Hey guys!  I have another polish for you from the China Glaze China Glaze City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave portion of the set.  Going to be swatching these all individually for you and letting you know my thoughts.

Swatch and Review China Glaze Spring In My Step City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - Spring In My Step

This is three thick coats of Spring In My Step and one thick coat of HK Girl topcoat.  Unfortunately this one had the same troublesome formula I encountered with At Vase Value.  In fact the formula on this one was even more difficult to work with and I found with three coats and the topcoat it didn't look as even as At Vase Value

Swatch and Review China Glaze Spring In My Step City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - Spring In My Step

All three coats were on the thicker side and I let it sit for at least five minutes between each coat and I still had issues.  The polish refused to self-level and without topcoat looked much streakier than in the swatches.  On my middle finger there is a visible spot where the polish looks patchy.  It's still "wearable" in my opinion and a beautiful colour, but unless I absolutely felt I "needed" to wear this colour, I'd probably reach for other polishes in my collection.  Just a note regarding the colour, on the bottle-shot it leans a bit less bright and more "peachy".  The photo without the bottle is more colour accurate.

I do like the colour of this baby pink, but from reading other blogs it seems that formula issues with pastels is pretty common.  I've yet to come across a perfect baby or bubblegum pink that applies streak-free in two coats.  Italian Love Affair from OPI comes pretty close with two coats but it's still a bit tricky to apply and leans a smidge darker than what I'd call bubblegum pink.

What do you think, would you still pick this polish up even with a tricky formula?  Let me know in the comments and thanks for reading!