Monday 21 April 2014

China Glaze - At Vase Value

Hey guys!  Today's polish is actually a relatively new release for a change.  A friend of mine let me know that Winners had a great deal on a set of the new China Glaze City Flourish collection.  They had a whole pallet of the Peonies & Park Ave sets for $20.00 each.  Even though I'd heard some unpleasant things about formula it was too good of a deal to pass up as I love the colours and wanted to give them a shot.

I'll be reviewing all these colours one at a time and I figured I'd start with the one that caught my attention first.  I choose At Vase Value first because it called my name.  I'm normally a pink or purple girl, but lately I've been leaning towards greens and blues.

Swatch and Review China Glaze At Vase Value City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - At Vase Value

This is three coats of At Vase Value with one coat of HK Girl topcoat.  Unfortunately the formula is really streaky, chalky and difficult to work with.  Even the second coat is really patchy and a generous third coat is needed.  While the third coat is mostly opaque, it still has some uneven spots and the topcoat helped.  Make sure you wait a good few minutes between each coat to lessen any balding or dragging.

Swatch and Review China Glaze At Vase Value City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - At Vase Value

I do love this colour and I like how in some lights it looks pastel blue and in others it looks slightly minty green.  Even with the troublesome formula I like how it turned out.  Did you pick up any of the polishes from this collection?  Did you have similar problems with formula?  Let me know in the comments.  Thanks for reading!