Wednesday 30 April 2014

China Glaze - Lotus Begin

Hi guys!  I have the 5th polish from the China Glaze China Glaze City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave set for you today.

Lotus Begin is a soft purple creme.  In their press release China Glaze described it as a neon purple creme, but I find it far from a neon.  It is a lot darker and brighter than In A Lily Bit though.  When I think of neon, I think super bright and bold, but Lotus Begin is a lot more subdued.

Swatch and Review China Glaze Lotus Begin City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - Lotus Begin

So this is kind of weird, but I have two coats of Lotus Begin on my ring and pinky and three on my pointer and middle finger.  I used one coat of HK Girl topcoat as well.  The two coats worked really well with no issues on the ring and pinky, but I had some touch-up work to do on my pointer and middle fingers.  There were a couple spots that were uneven and I did a very thin third coat. I think that if I had bit a bit neater with my application that two coats worked just fine across the board.  Like the others in this collection it dries pretty quickly.  Even though it dries quickly, you still need to give it a few minutes between coats or you'll get patches and dragging.  

Swatch and Review China Glaze Lotus Begin City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - Lotus Begin
I found the first coat of Lotus Begin was really patchy, moreso than some of the other polishes, but the second coat went on a lot easier and self-leveled better than the others.  While I haven't tried Peonies & Park Ave yet, Lotus Begin definitely has my favourite formula out of all of the polishes so far.  It does dry matte though, so you'll want a glossy topcoat to bring out the shine and smooth out the surface even more. 

Only one more polish to go from this part of the collection.  So far I have loved every single colour (application foibles and all) and I am looking forward to wearing Peonies & Park Ave soon.  Thanks for reading!