Sunday 27 April 2014

China Glaze - Petal to the Metal

Hey guys!  I have a fourth polish from the China Glaze China Glaze City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave set for you.

Petal to the Metal is a bright pink creme that leans towards a neon.  In their press release, China Glaze calls it a warm pink coral creme.  On me, this leans much more pink.than coral and even in low-lighting it seems super bright.  This polish is definitely an eye-catcher.  The colour in the photo below is really close to what I see on my nails, except the polish is even brighter than I could capture.

Swatch and Review China Glaze Petal to the Metal City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - Petal to the Metal

This is three coats of Petal to the Metal with HK Girl topcoat.  I was almost happy with it at two coats, but there were a few spots I was unhappy with.  Since any kinds of patchiness drives me absolutely crazy, I went for a third coat and it really made it look much smoother.  Since the polish dries semi-matte, the topcoat really adds a gorgeous shine. 

Swatch and Review China Glaze Petal to the Metal City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - Petal to the Metal
 
The formula on this one a bit thicker and it was a little bit tricky to work with even though I normally prefer thicker polishes.  It did self-level a lot easier compared to In a Lily Bit and Spring In My Step though.  Those polishes were more uneven and showed off my ridges more.

There are two more polishes in the collection that I'll be showing you.  Do you have a favourite so far?  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. This color is so perfect for the summers <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally follow trends or only wear "in season" type colours, but this colour is very "Summer" to me, though I'd wear it all year round :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment! I will try to read and respond to any comments or questions you may have.