Thursday 8 May 2014

A England - Perceval

Hey guys!  Today's polish is one I got in a recent nail mail.  I've been lusting after this polish for some time and finally bit the bullet and purchased it.  A England describes this polish as a "splendid and resplendent red".  I have to say, that is a perfectly poetic way to describe it.

Swatch & Review A England Perceval HK Girl
A England - Perceval

This is two coats of Perceval with one coat of HK Girl topcoat.  It was almost a one-coater, but there was a bit of visible nail line and a second coat usually makes the colour stand out better, especially if there is shimmer in it.

Swatch & Review A England Perceval HK Girl
A England - Perceval

The formula on this one is exactly what I expected when I put it on.  It was smooth, creamy and easy to work with.  I didn't have any problems with streaking or patchiness.  Even though I always use topcoat over polishes, it is super shiny all on it's on and the glow is crazy.  Even in low lighting the light reflects off my nails and makes the polish really stand out!  It does stain the cuticles a wee bit, but nothing that can't be removed with a scrub brush.  Upon removal it can turn your skin a bit pink, but soap and water will remove it easily.

I'm super glad I picked this one up and it is definitely a welcome addition to my collection.  I can see myself reaching for it whenever I am in the mood for a sexy, vibrant red.  What's your go-to red?  Let me know in the comments and thanks for reading!

Perceval is in available at Nail Polish Canada for $13.50 with free shipping as of this blog post.