Monday 12 May 2014

Color Club - Ultra Violet

Hey guys!  Today's polish is Color Club Ultra Violet.  I picked this up as part of a set from Winners that had various neon polishes.  Sadly I sold a few, but I'm definitely glad I kept this one.  Ultra Violet is a sheer purple with blue shimmer.

Swatch and Review Color Club Ultra Violet Sally Hansen White On HK Girl
Color Club - Ultra Violet

This is two coats of Ultra Violet over one coat of Sally Hansen White On and topped off with HK Girl topcoat.  I actually wore this one for three days before taking photos and had to touch up the tips a bit, but otherwise it lasted great.  This one can be worn on it's own and built up to opacity, but the white base really helps it pop.  The first coat was a bit sheer, but even and the second coat covered nicely. 

Swatch and Review Color Club Ultra Violet Sally Hansen White On HK Girl
Color Club - Ultra Violet


The formula on this is thin, but super easy to work with.  I normally prefer a thicker polish, but this one went on great.  On it's own, you could probably get away with two coats if you don't mind a hint of visible nail line, otherwise you'd need three coats for full coverage.  In my photos the polish is a bit more subdued than on the nail, but it's pretty close.

Are you a fan of neons or bright polish?  Let me know if you have any favourite neons that I should check out.  Thanks for reading!

If you'd like to pick up Ultra Violet it is currently on sale at Nail Polish Canada for $5.99 and free shipping as of this blog post.