Friday 2 May 2014

China Glaze - Peonies & Park Ave

Hi guys!  I have the last polish from the China Glaze China Glaze City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave set for you today.  Peonies & Park Ave is a neon bright pink creme, per the China Glaze press release.  Nailed it!  Wow, this baby sure is bright.  It is Petal To The Metal's hotter, older and more daring sister.  This colour shouts "look at me!" for sure.

Swatch and Review China Glaze Peonies & Park City Flourish  Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - Peonies & Park Ave

This is three coats of Peonies & Park Ave with HK Girl topcoat.  Originally I was hoping this one would have a better formula like Lotus Begin, but unfortunately it was streaky.  I did one thin coat and it seemed not too bad, but the second coat didn't cover evenly enough.  A third generous coat was needed and a shiny topcoat made it pop.

Swatch and Review China Glaze Peonies & Park City Flourish  Ave HK Girl
China Glaze - Peonies & Park Ave

I didn't use white undies because I wanted to see what it looked like on it's own, and it did not disappoint.  I was unable to capture just how bright it is, sorry guys.  Even with three coats, it's definitely worth it.  Maybe with undies only two would be needed, but I think it looks awesome and kind of squishy on it's own. 

So that ends the swatches from this collection.  I don't have the "Pollen In Love" set to show you, but I've heard the formulas are pretty much the same as I've come across with this collection.  These polishes require patience and most of them were streaky and needed three coats, but overall the colours are gorgeous and for the most part they looked pretty good.  My overall favourite is still Lotus Begin and At Vase Value is my second favourite.

I hope you enjoyed the swatches and you can view swatches of all of the other polishes in the collection and some nail art linked below.  Thanks for reading!

At Vase Value
Spring In My Step
In A Lily Bit
Petal To The Metal
Lotus Begin
Nail Art with this collection