Thursday 1 May 2014

Nail Art 5-1-2014

 Hey guys!  Today's post is nail art!  I've mentioned before that nail art isn't my forte, but the China Glaze City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave collection really inspired me.  I felt like this part of the collection worked really well together.  The palette of pastels and brights really called out to me and I'm super happy with the results.

I'm not sure where the technique originated from, but a blogger friend of mine has done a similar technique previously in various manis.  Colors Frenzy is one of my absolute favourite blogs to follow for nail art and swatches.  The mani that inspired me the most was her "All You Need Is LOVE" mani.  Later on she did a tutorial post using different polishes here.

China Glaze City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave Nail Art Lotus Begin At Vase Value Spring In My Step Petal To The Metal In A Lily Bit Konad MoYou Stamping HK Girl
Nail Art 5-1-2014

While I didn't do the exact same style of mani, her art was definitely at the heart of my inspiration for how I wanted to combine the colours of this collection.  Instead of making rectangles, I used a fan brush with very little polish on it and I dabbed and brushed colour from each polish on my nail. I love how it turned out and I'll definitely be doing it again. 

China Glaze City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave Nail Art Lotus Begin At Vase Value Spring In My Step Petal To The Metal In A Lily Bit Konad MoYou Stamping HK Girl
Nail Art 5-1-2014

Instead of leaving it like it is, I had been wanting to play with the butterfly wing stamp on the MoYou Pro 05 forever, but hadn't until this nail art.  I figured, what the heck and tried it out and I think I should have left it the way it was!  My stamping didn't turn out as even as I liked and the placement was off.  I had to do a few touch-up jobs too and in photos it looks a lot messier than in real life.


China Glaze City Flourish Peonies & Park Ave Nail Art Lotus Begin At Vase Value Spring In My Step Petal To The Metal In A Lily Bit Konad MoYou Stamping HK Girl
Nail Art 5-1-2014
Polishes used:
China Glaze Lotus Begin, At Vase Value, Spring In My Step, Petal To The Metal, In A Lily Bit and Peonies and Park Ave for the base.
Stamping polish: Konad Black
Stamping Plate: MoYou Pro Collection 05
Topcoat: HK Girl
 
Can't win them all, but I had fun trying!  How do you like it better, with or without the stamp?  Let me know in the comments and thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! So lovely :) I quite like the pastel design without the butterfly as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jasmine! I had a lot of fun doing the base design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on the FB Group. For the life of me, I can't remember which one. Love your blog. I'm following via BlogLovin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much! That means so much to me!

      Delete
  4. These are awesome! I think free-handing butterfly wings is actually way easier, haha. Cutepolish has a great tutorial on it, it's how I learned to do mine!
    -technicolornailart (since my name has nothing to do with my blog whooops)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feedback! I am a disaster when it comes to freehand, but I will have to look cutepolish up. I think I found you and followed :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment! I will try to read and respond to any comments or questions you may have.