Friday 30 May 2014

OPI - This Gown Needs A Crown

Hey guys!  I have another gorgeous polish for you today.  I have OPI's This Gown Needs A Crown from their Miss Universe 2013 collection. I received this polish from a very sweet lady named Katelyn.  She saw it on my wishlist and sent it over to me and I'm thrilled because I've been wanting this polish forever, but just haven't picked it up.

Swatch and Review OPI This Gown Needs A Crown Satin Textured
OPI - This Gown Needs A Crown

This is two coats of This Gown Needs A Crown.  No topcoat for these photos as it dries to a satiny finish.  Right on the cap it says "Satin Finish No Top Coat".  Normally I topcoat everything, but I wanted to wear it without topcoat as suggested.  Lovely formula on this polish, it's thick, but not overly so and it was easy to control.  Needs two coats for full opacity and to really bring out the texture in the finish.  It dries relatively quickly, but because I didn't use topcoat, I let it dry for a good 10 minutes.  In some lights there is a hint of visible nail line, but nothing too obvious

Swatch and Review OPI This Gown Needs A Crown Satin Textured
OPI - This Gown Needs A Crown

OPI describes it as a "textured matte platinum with a satin finish".  Normally when I think of matte 
polishes I think of a dull, flat finish and I prefer a shiny, glossy finish.  I'm also not a fan of textured polish, but I am in love with this one.  The texture is really subtle to the touch, but you can see the little particles.  There is a slight texture there, but nothing overpowering and while it doesn't feel like smooth glass on my nails, it feels soft.

I have to say that this polish exceeded my expectations.  I was in love with it from the first swatch I saw, but it's even more fantastic in person.  I love how shiny and glowy it is while still looking textured and it makes me want to rub my nails!

This Gown Needs A Crown is current in stock at Nail Polish Canada for $9.95 and free shipping as of this blog post.